Singapore Startup Funding Resources
This list is updated as of 20 Feb 2015 (I’ll try to update from time to time). Many friends of mine in the Singapore Startup Community have asked for a list of resources that are available online. Here is my list of startup resources that some of you can use (disclaimer: This is not legal advice. If you want legal advice please contact me):
Funding Related Resources:
1. Business Angel Funds : Here you can learn how to raise funds from Business Angels who invest in early ventures. They help with mentoring as well.
2. SEEDS Scheme : This scheme helps fund companies to develop products and processes.
4. ACE Startup Grant : ACE is a Singapore organisation formerly started by the Singapore government but currently run by the private sector. If you want to start your own business, this grant can help you.
5. IDA Scheme : This scheme helps you get accredited with IDA so that you can bid for larger contracts.
6. ESVF Scheme: This is a scheme to fund Series A venture capital firms in Singapore.
7. NRF TIS Scheme: There are currently 14 Incubators under this scheme so you should look for them if you are looking for funding and mentoring.
8. iJAM Scheme: This scheme funds digital companies and dot coms should apply for this.
9. NUS Incubation Grants : This is a complete list of incubation and funding that NUS can provide for your startup.
10. NTU Startup Program: This is a link to NTU’s Incubation Programme for your startup.
11. Bansea: Singapore has a business angel network for South East Asia. If you are looking for angel funding, this is the place to pitch at.
12. Singapore Venture Capital Association : This is the Association whereby the VCs in Singapore are at. Do look through their list of members for Series A Funding.
Any more funding resources you wish to add? Please comment below and I’ll add to this list.