Singapore Corporate Attorney
Are you looking for a Singapore Corporate Attorney? This article will highlight some key insights into the Singapore legal landscape and list some key aspects of a good Singapore Corporate Attorney.
But before that we will examine three key reasons why US MNCs set up companies in Singapore:
- Firstly, many US Multinational companies set up subsidiaries in Singapore as command and control headquarters for their pan-South East Asian operations. One reason for this is endemic corruption in the rest of South East Asia so as a counter measure the US HQ would keep its finance and management functions in Singapore and leave only their operational and manufacturing activities in the region.
- Secondly, the US firms choose Singapore in light of its good standard of living and the presence of many global international schools for their children.
- Thirdly, the Economic Development Board of Singapore gives economic incentives for US Firms to base their regional headquarters in Singapore. A Singapore Corporate Attorney or Singapore lawyer (as it is usually referred to in Singapore) would be able to help point the US Company in the right direction.
So why should you choose one Singapore Corporate Attorney over another? We believe that there are three key things you should consider when making that choice:-
- Firstly, a Singapore Lawyer should understand your commercial considerations and help you structure your transaction so as to meet your commercial objectives.
- Secondly, a Singapore lawyer should have some understanding of how your foreign law interplays with the Singapore subsidiary so that they can look out for your interest not only in Singapore but in the US as well where you have US reporting requirements.
- Thirdly, a Singapore lawyer should also be able to point you in the right direction in terms of what Singapore government organizations can help your business whether in terms of tax breaks or otherwise.
In conclusion, a Singapore Corporate Attorney or Singapore lawyer should be chosen in terms of both his expertise and his connections so as to help you set up shop quickly in Singapore to expand into the Asia Pacific Region.
Singapore Contract Attorney
Are you wondering about the Singapore legal system and wants someone to cover your legal risk as you advance your business into the South East Asian market? A Singapore Contract Attorney or Singapore contracts lawyer is a key person you should have in your team.
A Singapore Contract Attorney would be able to help you in the following three ways even as you start your company and business in Singapore:-
- At the start, when your company is set up a Singapore Contract Attorney can help you draft your initial distribution agreements and joint venture agreements as you expand into the region;
- Or perhaps if you want to set up a Flagship store and expand by Franchising into the region, a franchising agreement may help you retain control but yet expand your brand into the region;
- If you have multiple transactions with the same counterparty you can consider drafting a master agreement which would govern all the other transactions with similar terms. This would be useful for a manufacturing operation.
As you expand the scale of your business, when doing fund raising and joint ventures, the Singapore Â Contract Attorney can help you draft investment agreements and joint venture agreements and Memorandums of Understanding as you expand the scale of your operations.
Finally when you which to expand your business by way of inorganic growth, a Singapore Contract Attorney can draft the sale and purchase agreement in respect of mergers and acquisitions that can cover assets both in Singapore and in the region or perhaps carry out restructuring of the target so that the assets can be sold later to another third party.
In areas of Corporate Social Responsibility, a Singapore Contract Attorney can help you structure your donations to Singapore Charities so as to claim tax deductions and do your part in nation building in Singapore. A gift to a reputable charity in Singapore can help you raise your standing in the community and build your reputation for doing good in Singapore society.
In conclusion, a Singapore Contract Attorney can help you with your legal obligations in Singapore and in emerging markets like Myanmar as Singapore law is fast being used as the choice of law for complex cross border deals in the South East Asian Region.